Review Topics for Final Exam
- Cemetery Project Material
- Readings - Jordan and Brown
- Four Truths (from lecture)
- Know how to convert paces to feet and then draw a map to
- Example. Your pace is 8 ft. You pace off a cemetery
that is 75 paces by 35 paces. Draw this cemetery on a
sheet of paper at a scale of 1:120.
- Know how to work with data in spreadsheet format.
- Understand how to create a histogram and population
pyramid (I probably won't have you do this because of
- Know how to read a histogram and population pyramid
- Geographic Information Systems
- Readings - Audet and Ludwig, McHarg
- Be familiar with GIS Basics--
terms, definitions, examples
- Understand Geographic Profiling
- Know how to do basic operations on ArcView/ArcVoyager
- Know how to do queries, open tables, reorganize data,
create a choropleth map.
- Understand the different types of files and their role
in a GIS