THIS CLASS IS A:
- required capstone course
- SEMINAR that will focus on reading, writing,
presenting and discussing themes in contemporary geography. This class
IS NOT a lecture course. You will be expected to contribute to discussion,
make prepared presentations to the seminar group and PREPARE for class
each week by doing readings and writing in addition to meeting with
other class members.
SOME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
- Critical reading and discussion of a wide range
of literature will be a focus of the semester.
- Active participation is absolutely essential to your success in the
- Altogether, you will
- Write a series of short reflective essays
- Complete a Service Learning Project
- Complete a professional portfolio
- and undertake a series of classroom assignments.
- Your written work and classroom participation will always be measured
against the same standards;
- your ability to interpret assigned readings critically;
- to argue your positions effectively;
- to relate ideas and theory to practice;
- and, to articulate a well-considered personal philosophy of
- Reading and assignments should be completed on schedule. Your papers
will be graded on both the quality of your written expression and your
ability to think critically.
- Your attendance is expected and required at every session.