Organizing Your Portfolio
- Purchase a 1 inch spiral notebook. You may want to get one
with a clear plastic cover so you can slip in a page with your name.
- Some people use clear sheet protectors for each page. This
is not necessary, but does protect your materials.
- If you choose not to use sheet protectors, try to use a heavier
bond paper than what typically is found in most printers. You
can purchase this at any office supply store.
- Use Tabs to separate different sections.
You will need to include at least the following information:
- Table of Contents
- A resume
- A reflective piece - some narrative (written or otherwise) that
demonstrates your understanding of yourself, your degree program,
your experience at MU and your life goals. (Why Geography)
- A clear statement of your career goals (Professional Development
- A list of your skills, especially those related to your program
and your career goals (e.g., "I communicate well with people",
"I take responsibility for my own actions").
- Clear evidence of what you have learned and what you are good at
(i.e., your competence level).
- Appropriate work samples that illustrate what you have learned,
your skills and competence.